Over its history, MÜNZING has developed a solid reputation as a reliable and quality supplier. Our products are known for their performance and quality consistency. Our long-standing experience as a Tier 2 automotive supplier with ISO certification and years of dedication to quality make us a quality leader.
MÜNZING is putting an extraordinary emphasis on quality. Our commitment can be understood in view of:
1. Our Employee's Declaration
2. Our continuous measurement and tracking methods
3. The preventative (PAR) and corrective (CAR) action programs
4. Employee Reward and Recognition program
5. The management processes
- The Employee Declaration:
- We are committed to being the premier supplier to our customers by:
- Providing perfect quality
We continuously measure our percent of “perfect orders”, which are orders without any issues. We measure all aspects of our shipments: no technical issues, on-time deliveries, errorless paperwork, transportation and packing without issues
- Operating with maximum efficiency
We measure various aspects, including our total costs to sales ratio, the generation of waste to total volume produced, the percent of first-pass batches
- Demonstrating leadership in innovation
We strive to be “the innovator” in the formulated additives industry. Thus we track the number of newly launched technologies, the number of customized products for a given specific customer issue, and we stay in action to exceed 30% of our sales with new products.
- We are committed to be a responsible company by:
- Being a good neighbor:
- We continuously train our employees on all regulatory aspects of business: safety, health, environment, product stewardship
- We strive to minimize waste and pollution. At our manufacturing sites, we maintain regular contacts with key local officials.
- We encourage employees to support community outreach activities and donations (cancer societies, autism, underprivileged children, world catastrophes [tsunami, earthquakes, …])
- Being a good employer:
- We guarantee our colleagues a safe and healthy workplace, we measure all incidents and we provide regular training.
- We expect to provide a work environment in where people can find fulfillment.
- We adhere to high ethical standards in our actions and decisions.
- We continuously measure indirect employment criteria to assess our success at being a good employer.
- We are committed to creating sustainable value
- Our goal is to provide our customers with products that provide better technical and commercial value then our competitors.
- We strive to remain profitable and invest in our future so as to serve our customers for the long term.
- We measure our success with our sales and profit growth.
- We are committed to continuously improving our products and processes
- We establish improvement goals and objectives.
- We measure and evaluate our performance.
- We take preventative and corrective actions.
- Our continuous measurement and tracking methods:
Our major scorecard items are listed in a "dashboard", including:
- The Perfect Order: Percent of orders without any issues
- Velocity: The ratio of sales to working capital. Any unfavorable deviation indicates a breakdown in our management processes and their results.
- Ratio of new product sales to total sales.
- Ratio of total fixed costs to sales
- Sales per employee
- Fixed manufacturing cost to volume produced
- Sustainable Growth: Sales and profit growth.
- We also monitor secondary quality measurements including first pass batches, production quality consistency, number of administrative errors, number of freight issues, etc
- In total, we continuously monitor about 50 quality criteria for each business entity.
- Preventative and corrective action program
We encourage colleagues to issue preventative or corrective action requests (PAR or CAR). We monitor the number of PAR/CAR's that are created by department. We also measure the number of PAR/CAR's that are mono or multi-functional, and we monitor the speed with which they are resolved.
- Employee reward and recognition
We have a "reward and recognition program", which encourages employees for quality behaviors and actions. This program is lead by employees as opposed to "management".
- Management Processes
Each business entity has established about 200 management processes which are continuously monitored by:
- Internal audits
- External ISO audits