Food Safety Certifications
FOOD SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS
MÜNZING produces the MAGRABAR® line of products for the food industry at the MÜNZING North America manufacturing site located in Morton Grove, Illinois, USA.
With over 35 years’ experience in producing for the food industry at this site just outside Chicago, MÜNZING’s high standards for quality and safety throughout all of our operations continue to be applied.
Morton Grove is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)-certified facility, operating under food GMPs and a HACCP-based food safety plan audited to the SQF Food Safety Code by NSF. This site is dedicated to producing products for the food industry. MAGRABAR® products are allergen free, free from animal-derived ingredients and certified Kosher Pareve and Halal.
The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) was created in 2000 by food industry leaders with a vision of safe food for consumers everywhere. https://www.mygfsi.com/. GFSI-recognized certification programmes provide customers with global assurance that products are being produced in accordance with strong food safety standards.
GFSI-recognized certification programmes include food safety standards published by British Retail Consortium (BRC), International Food Standard (IFS) and the Safe Quality Food (SQF) standard. https://www.sqfi.com/.
- Kosher Certification: Chicago Rabbinical Council (cRc)
- Halal Certification: Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA)
- Organic Certification: Quality Assurance International (QAI)
- Organic System Summary: Quality Assurance International (QAI)
- Organic Compliant Certificate: Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA)
- EU Organic Importer Certification: LACON - Private institute for quality assurance and certification of organic food GmbH
- GFSI Certification: SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing